No announcement yet.

Clarification regarding H1<=>H4 visa…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification regarding H1<=>H4 visa…..

Hello Gurus,

Please give your valuable advice,

I’m currently working in the US on H1.

I’m planning to get married coming May 2011, my Fiancee have an approved H1 and she is in India. Once we get married I’m planning to bring her to the US on H4. Couple of months after coming to the US she is planning look for a project and change her status from H4 to H1.

1.Is it a good idea, changing the status from H4 to a H1 which was approved even before applying for H4?

2.If it’s a good idea, will there be any issues when she goes for H4 stamping since she already has an approved H1? Will there be any issues on H4 to H1 change of status?

3.Or is it better for her to go for H1 stamping and enter US on H1?

We are more comfortable if we go for H4 to H1, since she will have time to get her ssn, license, and to get settled.

Please give you valuable advice which will help us a lot to decide our future.....

Thanks,
    Joseph

1.Is it a good idea, changing the status from H4 to a H1 which was approved even before applying for H4?
    >>> Yes.

2.If it’s a good idea, will there be any issues when she goes for H4 stamping since she already has an approved H1?
    >>> There won't be any issues on H4 stamping because of the approved H1B petition.

Will there be any issues on H4 to H1 change of status?
    >>> If the documents are in order and if the job is genuine, then there won't be any issues.

3.Or is it better for her to go for H1 stamping and enter US on H1?
    >>> Well, that is also an option provide that job still exist for her to work in U.S.

We are more comfortable if we go for H4 to H1, since she will have time to get her ssn, license, and to get settled.
    >>> Well, then you should go for that.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thankyou Sir.

Thankyou Sir for your valuable information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X